[ILUG-BOM] New domain name: glug-bom.org

SeekingGyan linuxlinux@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Dec 17 19:53:46 IST 2005

On 12/17/05, Nagarjuna <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:

> Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> >>cant we reserve it for ten years and save the hassle of yearly
> >>renewal. That should be Rs.4000/-. I will pay.
> >>

> >max they will take at a time is 2 years - rates are always changing
> >- in 1996 it was USD 35 for one year - after 2 years it will prolly
> >be 10 bucks a year
> >

> there is some hope that we could have the old domain.  After sending a
> third letter, which also informed them that this will be my last
> attempt, there is a response, a ticket number .  I will call them on
> monday and try to do the needful.  I will make all attempts to keep the
> old domain.
>
> Also thanks for all the offers to contribute.  I will update on the
> total expenses and then we can all share.
>
> Nagarjuna

Hi

Cant we have it transfered to directi ? they have decent control panel to
renew domains, change NS, contact details etc and reminders for renewal and
i guess you can renew upto 10 years at once .

regards
harsh

ps : i donot represent directi in any form or benifit from them .