[ILUG-BOM] IPTables NAT'ng (was: no subject)

Nosferatu!!! radid@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Dec 18 18:44:23 IST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 04:51:58PM -0000, Karia Amit wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I want to divert all my https traffic to Proxy (443 to 3128) thru
> iptables, I tried google's description but din't work Also want to
> know how to forward packets from server to a device which is in
> different network Plz help..

1) Use an appropriate subject, or be ready to be ignored, scolded
   and get your head bitten off!

2) You won't be able to do what you are trying to do with HTTPS.
   Instead, block port 443 and set your browser to use the proxy
   for https urls.

3) I think what you are looking for is DNAT when you say you want
   to forward packets from server to another device.

Nosferatu

--

Reporter:   "What would you do if you found a million dollars?"
Yogi Berra: "If the guy was poor, I would give it back."

                  Visit http://www.google.com/search?q=failure