[ILUG-BOM] Postfix and ldap

Satya ilugbom@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Feb 21 18:27:13 IST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 05:11:46PM +0530, agencies_ad1 at sancharnet.in wrote:
>have configured postfix to query the ldap server to verify email addresses as
>follows:
>local_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases,ldap:ldap-usermap
>unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
>
>The problem is if the ldap servers are unavailable postfix rejects all email
>without queuing for retry. Is it possible to configure postfix to defer
>delivery of any email when the ldap servers are offline.

These messages are coming from outside, right? If so, this is correct
behavior. The 450 code (I think; you can look it up) says something
about deferred, try later. Correctly configured remote servers should
try again later.

--
Satya. http://www.thesatya.com/
"Threw away the manual, ignored the notes and laughed in the face of