[ILUG-BOM] [OT] Why are you here?

Guntupalli Karunakar karunakar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Feb 24 01:28:18 IST 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:17:15 +0530 (IST)
Philip Tellis <philip.tellis at gmx.net> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, I'd like to know how many people on this list
> work with computers because it's their job, and how many do it for
> other reasons.  If computer programming/sys admin was the worst
> paying job in the industry, paying something like Rs 2000/- per
> month, would you still do it?

While i dont know what I would have been doing, I can say it would
still have a computer attached to it. The sad part today is more seem
to jump into it for the job & money part, than putting it creative
urges to think what new could be done in their field using it.
 What got me into it was the freedom to create, play god in a virtual
world!
 Its amazing to see what billion of switches going on/off in
synchronized fashion can do! and an attempt by the brain to create
itself.

Karunakar