[ILUG-BOM] Linux/ Systems Administration in India

Bhowmik Shah bhowmik.shah@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Feb 24 15:56:38 IST 2006

Hi guys,

I first thought of putting up a rant to the [Why are you here?] thread but
realized that probably it wasn't appropriate.

I am currently studying in Australia, when I came here the awareness about
Linux in India was low, at least all the people I met through my college
study groups or people in my class were hardly interested in Linux or Open
Source development.

I want to come back and work in India and I wonder if anyone has information
on.....

1) What are the average wages a Systems Administrator gets paid?
2) What would be the ratio of Windows:Linux servers in use back home?
3) How is the information security Industry?
(It is a very general question I guess what I want to know is what is the
awareness about security practices, security issues and the current need for
professional penetration testers, incident response professionals, forensic
professionals etc.)

Bhowmik