[ILUG-BOM] Overquoting and me toos - please stop

Philip Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Feb 26 13:50:13 IST 2006

People, when replying to mails, please take a little time to make your
fellow luggers' lives a little less difficult.  Refrain from overquoting
and sending me-too mails.

Overquoting happens when you include a very large number of lines from
the original mail just to include one or two lines of your own at the
bottom.  Your lines will almost certainly get lost.  It's better to
delete everything that is irrelevant to your reply, including old
signatures and headers.

Me-too mails happen when you reply to a reply for the sole purpose of
saying 'me-too'.  Do this only in the case of a poll, and not in any
other case.  If you do it, make sure you do not overquote.

Standard rules of top-posting, upside down quoting, and long lines also
apply.  If you're not sure what they mean, search the net.

Thanks,

Philip

--
Any given program will expand to fill available memory.