[ILUG-BOM] [INFO] Some Kubuntu 5.10 issues resolved

Rony Bill ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Mar 9 12:44:38 IST 2006

Dinesh Joshi wrote:

> cant he jsut hack the init script to background the process? It's as
> simple as adding a & after the command.

The issue is about privacy. I don't want some third party server to know
everytime, that I have booted into linux. Anything that goes out of my
system should do so with my consent. :) I am quite happy with my local time.
In windows I can control what goes out due to the firewall but in linux
thats not possible as firewalls are for incoming protection only.

Regards,

Rony