[ILUG-BOM] [INFO] Some Kubuntu 5.10 issues resolved

Devdas Bhagat devdas@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Mar 9 20:38:43 IST 2006

On 09/03/06 17:27 +0530, Dinesh Shah wrote:
> Hey Devdas,
>
> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 14:04, Devdas Bhagat wrote:
> > > In windows I can control what goes out due to the firewall but in linux
> > > thats not possible as firewalls are for incoming protection only.
> >
> > Define inbound?
> >
> > iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
>
> Are you nuts? He will not be able to communicate with outside world at
> all. His box will become a virtual packet BLACK HOLE. :-)

I have only crossed insanity and come out on the other side. Like
drinking too much Klatchian coffee.

Devdas Bhagat
PS: OP should be able to write decent outbound rules, particularly if he
can write rules for INPUT. Also, OP may want to google for helmet
instead of iptables.