[Bulk] Re: [ILUG-BOM] Kernel compilation with grub.

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue May 2 09:25:32 IST 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 03:04:09AM +0000, Dinesh Joshi wrote:
> On Monday 01 May 2006 20:54, Rony wrote:
> > I just compiled the latest kernel 2.6.16.11 from source and its
> > created a vmlinuz-2.6.16.11 file along with a link vmlinux in the
> > /boot folder.

> > In grub's menu.lst, I configured the kernel as /boot/vmlinuz and
> > root=/dev/hdan where n is my partition and its the same entry as in
> > my existing kernel entry. The image entry is #shed as there was no
> > img created.

> which distro?

Kubuntu 5.10. Does it make a difference? I thought kernels were
independent of distros. What about the initrd.img files, what does one
do about that when using a new kernel?

Regards,

Rony.