[ILUG-BOM] Re: Kernel compilation with grub.

Pankaj Dekate whoispankaj@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat May 6 15:41:37 IST 2006

> I redid the configuration and the make mrproper was handy in cleaning up
> old mess along with make clean. Still the result is just the same. I get
> the feeling the kernel itself is buggy or is not meant for older
> computers. The IDE chipset option has only one entry for Intel called
> 'Intel PIIXn chipsets support'.

hi,

I am facing the same problem exactly .It does not load my root partition
after compiling the new kernel and there wasn't anything new that i used to
do in prev kernels.my kernel version is 2.6.16
Will keep the list updated on any new progress.....

WIth warm regards,
Pankaj