[ILUG-BOM] gaurav.p.chaturvedi@gmail.com wants to 3D IM w/ you on IMVU

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Aug 9 10:03:37 IST 2006

On 8/9/06, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> yes. Chennai lug is not moderated. People are either allowed or
> booted. Everyone is over 18 years old and presumed to know how to
> behave, no one has the time to teach/educate them. Hyderabad does the
> same thing. Of course, if Anurag and co have no other work and dont
> mind doing this ...
We can't simply assume that all members are old enough. Also, kicking
people out of silly things causes alienation, and we're here to try
and attract a user base. I know many will jump forward and say "we
don't want such people, good riddance" but that's hardly the way to go
about increasing the popularity of Free Software.

A warning and moderation is good enough. If moderators are overworked
then the veterans of the group can take turns every week or fortnight
to moderate.

Regards,
Siddhesh
--