[ILUG-BOM] gaurav.p.chaturvedi@gmail.com wants to 3D IM w/ you on IMVU

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 10 06:34:20 IST 2006

On 10-Aug-06, at 2:51 AM, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:

>>> then the veterans of the group can take turns every week or
>>> fortnight
>>> to moderate.
>
>> that opens a fresh can of worms - who decides who is fit to moderate?
>> Boot is much simpler.
>
> Ah. Wonderful my dear friend Kenneth. I though you were a lawyer. So
> does the law permit you to execute a person if you can not give him a
> fair trial? For whatever reasons that be.

law and democracy have nothing to do with mailing lists. Admin is the
boss - if he boots you are booted

> I know this is getting a bit personal, but I strongly disagree with
> such browbeating attitude. The problem caused by this single piece of
> unwanted mail is NOTHING compared to the huge amount of OT discussions
> we have. Such threads are often extended by so called 'experienced'
> members of the list. So why not kick them out first?

please distinguish between mere breaches of etiquette - not trimming
posts, top posting, getting OT, being longwinded, using smsspeak -
with behaviour that damages the list. The first requires peer
pressure to rectify, but the second can only be cured with the boot.
And i think anything personal you may have against me could be taken
offlist.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves