[ILUG-BOM] Meebo

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 10 15:04:47 IST 2006

>> unusual. But I think you have not got the whole picture. I did not
>> make Meebo, they dont pay me. All I want is a solution. A workable
>> solution. You have said these same things last time this whole
>> discussion cropped up. But where is the alternative? I stop using
>> Meebo. Fine. So how do I IM.

> I've already built a partial solution for you to use.  It's up to you to
> take it forward.  I've been looking for new developers for over two
> years, and no one has stepped forward.

> If you're interested, try http://libyahoo2.sourceforge.net/

I am very much interested. I am already on the libyahoo mailing list,
but I joined 1.5 years back when I was still a n00b. I recently heard
from Dr. Nagarjuna that you had authored libyahoo, and had heard about
Freehoo and Freetalk independently while browsing the Web many that
same 1.5 years back.

Could you just give me a pointer as what the issue exactly is? I mean
what is the difference between the Windoze and the Free client? I
heard that the Windows client keeps scanning the ports and picks one
which is available. Is this the 'magic'?

Looking forward to the libyahoo project page...

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

--
"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"

                                     -Jean Kerr