[ILUG-BOM] Forbes.com: Toppling Linux

jtd jtd@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Oct 26 21:41:49 IST 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 14:24, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> i was talking of substantiating this (quoted above)

IBM and Cell processors (on which afaik only linux runs). Intel and
EFI.  AMD with something called VSA. Notice all are hardware vendors
and should not be affected by what runs on their processor. Then why
the effort to lock down hardware? And include bits in the kernel to
cement it down?. One such effort is on on the OMAP devel site. Omap
is the TI processor embeded in most middle and highend phones, and
wifi routers and adsl modems.

MY My. And now Oracle fud about RH and RH playing the same game.
Things could have been different if RH would have made freedom it's
usp. Larry Ellision would have looked like BG trying to out RH on
freedom. Play the incumbents game and u are in deep sh..

--
Rgds
JTD