[ILUG-BOM] Mobile Data Card on Linux OS

Mukund Deshmukh betacomp_ngp@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Oct 27 13:33:42 IST 2006

>  We are looking for Mobile Data Card for sending and receiving SMS from
Desktop PC running  Linux OS. ( Drivers for Data Card on linux )
>  Any Make available.
>  Any Vendor contacts available.
>  Also what are the types of Interfaces available for card to install it in
a desktop PC.
>  What are the available speeds of reading SMS from the Data card

Don't have any idea about Mobile data card, but you can use GSM modem
connected to serial port. These modems works with AT command set.
The modems are widely available for Rs. 5000-6000.

Best Regards,

Mukund Deshmukh.
Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd
10/1, IT Park, Parsodi,