[ILUG-BOM] space outage

Anurag anurag@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Oct 27 23:41:07 IST 2006

Sometime on Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:49:17AM -0700, Ramang G said:
> Hi,
>

> My linux server root partition is almost full (/ partiton) advice me
> how can i increase by adding another hdd to my machine. We use IDE
> hdd.

If your / partition is holding everything currently then you can try
migrating your /var and /home to the new harddisk. Make sure the new
disk is formatted and contains partitions of appropriate size to hold
data in /var and /home. Then rsync the data to new partition, and
mount the new disk.

Anurag
--
gnu /noo/ n. Ox like antelope; (abbr.) /gnoo/ n.