[ILUG-BOM] Conversion to GNU/Linux

Parthan parth.technofreak@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jan 1 16:21:49 IST 2007

Debarshi Ray wrote:
> Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 18:00:00 -0800 (PST)
> From: Krishna Pagadala <krishnaact at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Fsf-friends] Help needed in Chennai
> To: fsf-friends at mm.gnu.org.in
>
> Hi All,
> One of the non-profits in Chennai that I work with
> wants to convert 5 computers from Windows to GNU/Linux
> can somebody help them? Helping will involve
> installing and configure a GNU/Linux system.
> I think that they will need one CD of TheOpenCD
> http://www.theopencd.org/download
> I am suggesting that they go with Kubuntu, does
> anybody have install and live CD for Kubuntu?

Debarshi,

Please forward that person to ChennaiLUG mailing list in future. I am
CC'ing this mail to him anyways.

To the OP,

1. Please mail the Chennai LUG Mailing List if you want to help from
Chennai. The mail id is --> ilugc at ae.iitm.ac.in and for more, please

2. I have Kubuntu with me, Kubuntu 6.06 comes as a single CD which is
Live/Install. But, I do not have an alternate CD (if you are looking for
it). If those who need Kubuntu CD can bring me an empty CD, I can burn
you them a copy of it. You can reach me at NRCFOSS, AU-KBC Research
Center, MIT campus of Anna University, Chrompet, Chennai-44 between 8 am
to 3 pm. Please call me and confirm before coming. Even if am not there,
some one in NRCFOSS can burn you a kubuntu CD.

3. For help regarding Installation of Kubuntu, please mail the Chennai
LUG mailing list. Someone in the list might be able to turn up and help
you, if not me.

--
With Regards

Parthan (TechnoFreak)