[ILUG-BOM] [OT] Triband Problems - Anyone?

Abhishek Daga abhishekdaga@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 3 13:47:27 IST 2007

--- Amish Mehta <amish.misc+ilug at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/2/07, Rony <ronbillypop at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > With the new speed of 1 megabyte in 5.14 seconds, a 700 Mb CD can
> be
> > downloaded in one hour.
>
> Time to use Bandwidth traffic control (tc) and Squid delay pools.
> Some sites have videos on direct play mode, before you realise
> 4-5MBs are already downloaded. On YouTube, videos are
> downloaded even if you pause it, you just cant keep page open.
> Need to block flv and open on select basis.
>
> Waste of time, Waste of bandwidth and waste of money.
>
> Amish.

I'd but in my 2 bits. Relax. Just as they offered more MB for the same
price and now increased speeds for the same price, they will offer much
more for the same price. And eventually do away with bandwidth
restrictions.  I believe they had to do this 2 MBPS to promote IPTV. (i
may be wrong here about the link between iptv and 2 mbps) but lets wait
and watch.

And reliance has not even started their iptv and internet services
commercially yet. Once they do so too and airtel already in the fray, i
can only see it getting better.

Poor MTNL. Damned if they didnt and now damned because they are doing.