[ILUG-BOM] [Project] Syntax Highlighter program

Faraz Shahbazker faraz.shahbazker@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 3 20:41:15 IST 2007

On 1/3/07, Nikhil Marathe <nsm.nikhil at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is for all the coders out there. I have written a small Ruby program to
> generate syntax highlighted HTML files from a source file in virtually any
> language (ATM Java HTML C++ Python and Ruby). Its still in 0.1 beta and
> lacks quite a number of features but is good enough for daily use. I was
> wondering if interested people in the community could test it out and give
> me feedback.
>
> Homepage: http://22bits.exofire.net/browse.php/code/colourcode

I had recently used code2html for a website. I didn't like the
provided highlighting and customization was a bit painful. Will
definitely have a look at your app soon.

Not to discredit your effort, but the easiest way to do this is using
the htmlize package in Emacs. You can open any file in Emacs(which
btw, supports syntax highlighting for almost all programming languages
in existence) and "M-x htmlize". It is completely language independent
- to the extent that you can htmlize non-ascii(regional languages) too
and customize-able via the usual Emacs font-faces.

See: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Htmlize

And some ppl ask why Emacs :-)

. farazs