[ILUG-BOM] [OT] Triband Problems - Anyone?

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 3 22:57:42 IST 2007

Dinesh Joshi wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 January 2007 13:47, Abhishek Daga wrote:
>> I'd but in my 2 bits. Relax. Just as they offered more MB for the
>> same price and now increased speeds for the same price, they will
>> offer much more for the same price. And eventually do away with
>> bandwidth restrictions.  I believe they had to do this 2 MBPS to
>> promote IPTV. (i may be wrong here about the link between iptv and 2
>> mbps) but lets wait and watch.
>
> You're being overly optimistic. They are chors...!

At one time 2 Mbps was available as a leased line costing lakhs. After
broadband, it costed more than 25K per month. Now its available for Rs.
200/- only and that is a technological dream come true. I know someone
who works for Bell Canada (The BSNL of Canada) and they failed in
implementing broadband over telephone. Here we are with telephone, 2
Mbps net and IPTV with 50 channels and VOD for Rs. 300/- per month (
IPTV only ). Even in the US many are still using dialup.

Regards,

Rony.