[ILUG-BOM] [OT] Triband Problems - Anyone?

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jan 4 20:26:03 IST 2007

Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> On 04-Jan-07, at 11:55 AM, Rony wrote:
>

>> Visit http://59.185.0.26/speed/index.jsp
>
> is this accurate? my vsnl 512 kbps link shows speed of 535.44 Kbps
> 2 mb bsnl one shows 729.63. All this from a LAN with at least 50 other
> machines connected to the internet

It is accurate to the point that MTNL servers are easily accessible. It
simply calculates the total time taken to download a calibrated file and
gives the average speed. If 2 Mb BSNL shows only 729, then its slow. It
should be around 1700. VSNL could be giving you faster speeds as they
use the CAT5 cable and maybe users are few.

Regards,

Rony.