[ILUG-BOM] How to save Microsoft Tax

Mandar Joshi emailmandar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jan 5 03:55:40 IST 2007

Hey guys,
Check this out..
This guy actually managed to convince Acer refund the money for the Windows OEM installed on his laptop because he did not want to use it!!
He saved the Microsoft Tax!
http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=139627

Would you do it if you get a new laptop/comp with Windows OEM pre-installed ?

I didn't 'cauz, even though I primarily use Gentoo/FC , I still need to have Windows. Like it or not, most business applications are written for Windows, especially in the stock broking world.

Regards
Mandar Joshi