[ILUG-BOM] D-Link GLB-502T slowing down Ubuntu Edgy?

Vinod Chand vinodchand@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jan 6 11:48:54 IST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rohit V Bhute" <rvbhute at gmail.com>
To: "GNU/Linux Users Group, Mumbai, India" <linuxers at mm.ilug-bom.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:22 AM
Subject: [ILUG-BOM] D-Link GLB-502T slowing down Ubuntu Edgy?

>I had plugged in the GLB-502T to check out its web interface (haven't got
>my ADSL connection activated yet :-( )and I found my system becoming
>*lazy*.
The seems to be some firmware problem with GLB-502 T. Although I connected
it to my windows box, it would disconnect every 5 minutes or so.

A visit to the D-Link service centre and new firmware did the trick. I was
at my wits end as nobody could diagnose what the problem was and lead to a
loss of more than 20 days before all the possibilities were removed,
including line problems, wiring issues, etc. All of which ended up not being
the cause of the problem.

The firmware update maybe available from the D-Link website too but I got it
done at the service centre located at Santacruz, Mumbai

Cheers

Vinod Chand