[ILUG-BOM] Opensource for a Small Manufacturing unit

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 7 12:11:36 IST 2007

On 06-Jan-07, at 11:03 PM, Devdas Bhagat wrote:

>> Where did you get the idea that tally does not follow double entry
>> accounting ?
>
> One of the few things about double entry accounting I remember is that
> deletion was not allowed. I may be wrong, though.

alteration/deletion of a voucher is done by making reversal entries -
but if you look at the accounts of auditors scrabbling around at the
bottom of the food chain you will find huge bills for erasers and
white ink - they are the same people who use tally

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS