[ILUG-BOM] Mumbai cyber cafe license requirement makes Microsoft OS mandatory

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Mar 27 13:15:04 IST 2007

> I don't understand why there is this
> almighty urge to get everyone to switch to FOSS.

i guess there are a wide and diverse list of reasons for the same. Some
people want to do it for freedom, some for technically superior software,
some for pure business, etc. etc.

If you think you're freeing all those souls, think about this. You can't
> even raise a vote of no
> confidence against an `aamdaar' or a `khaasdaar' or any blah blah person
> you've elected who isn't doing his job. The only power you have in your so
> called freedom and democracy is to vote once every few years.

What other freedoms do you really have?

You also have the power to stand for an election.

You can't even choose to watch movies uncensored. Whether you want to or not
> is another issue. But why can't you choose when you want to? Why are you to
> be sensored for saying `I hate blah blah' on Orkut? Why? Is that freedom?

i guess one keep doing all of the above, untill that person is physically
stopped from doing so. In reality that's exactly what people do. Even after
they are stopped, some people still continue, but with different tactics.

These issues are more important than software in cyber cafes.

True. However the topic was started as pertaining to software in cyber
cafe's :-)

Regards,

- vihan