[ILUG-BOM] Windows Vista restricts GNU GCC apps to 32 MB

Mohan Nayaka mohansn@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Mar 31 11:59:24 IST 2007

On 3/31/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:

> On 31-Mar-07, at 11:22 AM, Baishampayan Ghose wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 31 March 2007 11:05 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves cobbled together
> > some glyphs to say:
> >>
> >> why worry? just migrate to linux
> >
> > Well I migrated quite a long time back. It's time we educated more
> > people about the perils of non-free software.
>
> so how many people who compile gcc code on vista on this list has
> your post educated?
>

> --
> regards
>
> Kenneth Gonsalves
> Associate, NRC-FOSS
> lawgon at au-kbc.org
> http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/

I think this fragment from the page is quite relevant:
``Even if all your work is normally done on non-Windows platforms, it would
still be unfortunate to lose as a distribution base all of the Windows-based
systems on the planet ...''

I mean to say that as a result of this glitch free software gets a bad name.
It loses portability and reduces the possibility that someone sitting on a
vista box would see a particular piece of free software. Loss of target
audience.

Just my 2p.

Regards,
Mohan S N

--
"Certainty of death, small chance of success... well, what're we waiting
for? ";