[ILUG-BOM] Windows Vista restricts GNU GCC apps to 32 MB

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Mar 31 13:28:42 IST 2007

Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> On 31-Mar-07, at 1:01 PM, Vihan Pandey wrote:
>
>>> I use ARM GCC and SDCC on window XP.
>>> This list can be pro Linux but definitely not anti Window.
>>

>> Policies of the company that made that system make very difficult NOT
>> to be
>> anti windoze.
>
> pro or anti is irrelevant - since doze is not open source, we cant do
> anything about defects. So why waste our time complaining about it? If
> you have paid for vista and cant compile something this list is not the
> place to complain ...

It is clearly a matter of concern if free software like firefox,
openoffice, GIMP, inkscape, blender etc are compiled for Vista, and if
they don't take full advantage of the system due to restriction of the
OS.  User's will assume that free software works less efficiently,
without understanding that the cause is due to their digital
restrictions management. Let us remember that most of free software
today is inter operable, except of course the kernel Linux.

Nagarjuna