[ILUG-BOM] (Kubuntu 6.06 and K apps!) [was (no-subject)]

Kumar Appaiah akumar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri May 11 07:55:09 IST 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 11:59:31PM +0530, Rony wrote:
> If you install etch stable with full GUI, then post an installation
> report if possible. My experience with etch testing was not so nice.

I am using etch stable with KDE 3.5 (GNOME also works). The method I
always follow is:

1. Install base from CD/DVD. I never choose anything from the Debian
   installer's options (for Desktop, server etc.)

2. Once you get a bootable system, apt-get install the following:
   x-window-system-core
   kde-core
   kdm
   iceweasel
   and a few more things maybe, but not everything is needed.

3. Once the above install and debconf configuration is over, then use
   apt/adept or whatever else to install other packages.

Please indicate where you had trouble. I'll try to give you a few
pointers (if I know).

Thanks.

Kumar
--