[ILUG-BOM] Mandrake 2007

mehul mehul.forums@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat May 12 09:01:39 IST 2007

On 5/12/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:

> On 12-May-07, at 2:41 AM, mehul wrote:
>
> > Since when did Mandriva become a distro for experts?
>
> certainly not for experts

Wrong choice of words by me. I mean it tried to be newbie friendly
just like ubuntu or sabayon linux or such. For experts, they can be
more  or less comfortable with most distros around.

> Last I tried it
> > overwrote quite a few changes made manually and insisted on only
> > using the GUI tools provided by them. Is it still that?
>
> yes - for example it will rewrite resolv.conf whenever it reconnects
> to the internet

That it should, if you use dhcp.
In my case, when I had tried it, I changed /etc/fstab manually via a
text editor, which it overwrote and insisted changing the options only
using the tools provided.
There may have been work arounds to this but I've never probed into
it.

what is software piracy?

Something that MS doesn't care of?