[ILUG-BOM] what's on the ubuntu dvd, any ideas?

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat May 12 22:37:23 IST 2007

krishnakant Mane wrote:
> hello all,
> I am doing an installation of a few computers with orca (the screen
> reader) for blind people.
> it is at a very remote village where internet is not very strong.
> I have to do a apt-get install for gnome-common
> and also apt-get build-dep gnome-orca.
> both this commands connect to the internet and need to download the
> packages.

You could create a test machine in the city where net is good and save
all the deb packages from your /var/cache/apt/archives into a CD. Then
either add the CD to the system as a repo or paste all the packages into
the target machine's archives folder. Apt-get will go to the net for
record keeping but will find the package already downloaded. Feisty has
an option to add cds as a repos as soon as they are auto detected. It
then brings up the gui package manager. That should be the simpler way.

Rony.