[ILUG-BOM] Importance of Free Software in Democracies.

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jun 13 00:08:24 IST 2007

On 6/12/07, Rony <ronbillypop at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > our population, that's quite a feat). For smaller democracies, FOSS
> > has potential to leave a bigger impact.
> >
> The topic of discussion was about control of knowledge in the hands of
> some corporate entities.

The subject line says otherwise. Either ways, for now we don't have to
worry much about knowledge in the hands of our Indian corporates --
they talk of knowledge, information and innovation to attract clients.
Also, our IT culture looks up to Bill Gates et al, because of which it
is considered stupidity to simply "share" information for free. Hence,
it's not just about corporate culture for us, it's much deeper.

--
Siddhesh Poyarekar
This document validates as Plain Text