[ILUG-BOM] Meeting with Firefox Team on 21st at HBCSE: Updated Announcement

Roshan d_rosh2001@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jul 17 15:52:17 IST 2007

--- Nishit Dave wrote:

> On 7/17/07, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > * 12.00AM - Do we need an EN_IN version of
> Firefox? Local English, local

:-?

> On my behalf, please ask the following question/s to
> the panel:
>
> "Why we needing EN_IN varjan? Did Indian English
> coming differently? Do they
> make spelling ghotala correct for e.g. UK English to
> Indian English?  Can
> you give dialog boxes saying 'Aye Bidu, there is
> locha in your url'"

May be it is about "color" and "colour". May be it is
about "neighbor" and "neighbour" ...
There are phrases which are probably Indian - "went
for a toss" ...

But I don't think, this merely calls for a EN_IN
version. We need to think more about advocating and
/advertising/ Mozilla Firefox than have a separate
version. Are there plans of discussions of MPL 1.1
too?

--
FSF of India Associate Fellow - http://www.gnu.org.in
http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc