[ILUG-BOM] How-to: Beginner's Guide to GCC (Ubuntu)

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Oct 1 00:30:30 IST 2007

Hi,

On 10/1/07, Rony <gnulinuxist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to your write up, I compiled my first C and C++ programs.

        :)

> Those doing it for the first time, please note that if you copy/paste
> the program code from the wiki page directly into the vi editor, it adds
> extra comment characters '//' on different lines and that gives
> compiling errors. So simply remove the '//' characters manually. GCC may

           That happens because there is a line with comments // in
the code, so when you paste it all the following lines are commented.
If you type // in vi and press <enter> key, you will note that the
next line has // as well.

             Cheers!

Pradeepto
--