[ILUG-BOM] Local language computing ... and FLOSS (Free/Libre and Open Source Software)

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Oct 7 08:49:32 IST 2007

On Sunday 07 Oct 2007 07:31:45 Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On 05-Oct-07, at 7:23 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> > place. The means to make another language enabled as part of Indic
> > enabling requires a few related building blocks to be in place, if
> > Konkani has them it would be awesome if you can point me to someone to
> > talk to about this so as to see how it can be pushed into Fedora (say)
>
> konkani is written in the following scripts - malayalam, kannada,
> devnagiri (marati style), urdu and roman. Afaik all of these are
> avalaible - so I dont wee what the problem is.

Hmmm. Konkani and Marathi used to be written in Modi too. Any font available
for Modi?

Mrugesh Karnik
GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net