[ILUG-BOM] Announce: ILUG-BOM July 2008 Meet
dineshah at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 23:29:58 IST 2008
Here is the formal announcement for upcoming LUG meet.
Date: Sunday, 20th July 2008
Time: 2:00-5:00 PM
Venue: Directi (Thanks to Gaurav Chaturvedi.)
330 Link-Way Estate,
Link Road Malad (W)
Above Greens hotel
Directions on getting here :- Get off at Malad / Goregaon station, ask
for "greens hotel" (it is very close to in orbit mall)
Programming in Ruby.
By Prashant Shah
- Basic programming in Ruby
- Regular experssions
- Arrays, Hashes, Ranges
- Control structures
- Statement modifiers
- Object Oriented Programing (classes, objects, inheritance)
- Mixin, Procs, Blocks, Modules, Accessors, etc.
ERP Solutions under GNU/Linux
1. Introduction to ERP. : What is ERP and brief history of ERP.
Origins and Present state.
2. Why ERP + Benefits of ERP : How an ERP implementation can help a
business be more organized while improving customer satisfaction.
3. Availability of various ERP applications : Popular ERP packages
available . Benefits of using OpenSource ERP packages.
4. Comparison of the most popular open source ERP options available :
Comparison of Compiere , Adempiere, OpenBravo , TinyERP and webERP
5. Steps for implemetation of ERP packages - ERP package environment ,
Installation, Configuration, Usage . Side by side implementation of
OpenBravo and webERP
6. Required Domain Knowledge for implementation : Basic requirements
to implement ERP for an organization. Computer Skills plus basic
7. How to choose a suitable ERP solution : Pre-requisites for
finalising an ERP package. Associated Pitfalls.
8. Questions / Comments
Anurag, please update the wiki with above info. TIA
Looking forward to see you all!
--Dinesh Shah :-)
Shah Micro System
Laurence J. Peter - "Originality is the fine art of remembering what
you hear but forgetting where you heard it."
More information about the Linuxers