[ILUG-BOM] Thunderbird 2 bug?

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 13:03:30 IST 2008

Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:
> Rony wrote:
>

>> There is Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 on a PC and it has been upgraded to the
>> latest apt packages. Thunderbird 2 was installed from apt packages. A
>> gmail account was setup but it fails to authenticate the password and
>> returns a normal wrong password error. After wasting a lot of time
>> rechecking and suspecting the keyboard, I setup the account in Kmail and
>> it worked fine. So there appears to be a bug in that Thunderbird package.
>>
> If yes, file a bug on the distribution's bugzilla. I wouldn't request an
> upstream bug yet (since it doesn't seem to be reproducible on other OS
> or upstream tarballs)

I have Thunderbird version 2.0.0.16 (20080724) and it works fine. Can
you check what version of Thunderbird you are using (Help > About
Thunderbird should do)?
In addition to what Sankarshan told, you can also check the
distribution's bug tracker for a similar bug reported for the version
your are using or the later versions. If so, please see if there is a
response. Else, please feel free to file a bug :)

--
---
With Regards,

Parthan "technofreak"