[ILUG-BOM] Thunderbird 2 bug?

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 21:33:04 IST 2008

Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Monday 08 Sep 2008 8:54:49 pm Kartik Mistry wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Rony <gnulinuxist at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Kartik,
>>>
>>> If you don't like my mails, please delete them before opening them.
>>> Speak for yourself only. As long as list rules are not broken, you have
>>> neither the right nor the authority to force members to create threads
>>> to your liking only.
>>>
>> Spam Filter created. Thanks.
>>

> I wonder why any suggestion of a bug in kde gets such a hostile reception on
> this list? If somebody asks about a bug, either solve the problem, or point
> him to the solution, or try to replicate the problem, and if you can, file a
> bug - dont tell *him* to file a bug.

I have not asked anyone to file bugs on my behalf.

The issue here has two parts. First, whether a bug report is filed or
not, there is no restriction whatsoever on discussing the problem on
this list. If there is one then may the list admin please specify what
cannot be discussed about GNU/Linux.

Second, as long as list rules are adhered to, no member has the right to
be mean towards other members or dictate terms even if he happens to be
a Debian contributor. The freedom of posting messages related to
GNU/Linux or its components is available to every member equally. Nobody
wears a crown.

If we start pushing messages out of this list on the basis of their
related package websites then there is no need for a GNU/Linux user's
list at all. GNU/Linux is a modular system full of diverse packages and
every package has its own forum and website. Since every problem is to
be discussed on the relative website, what is the purpose of this list?
I like to give feedback to the public so that they don't have to go
through the same pain and sweat and are better prepared to handle
problems that may crop up.

Rony.

GNU/Linux !
No Viruses