[ILUG-BOM] Announce: ILUG-BOM September 2008 Meet

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Sep 12 12:32:57 IST 2008

On Wednesday 10 Sep 2008 3:26:37 pm Rakesh Pai wrote:
> I'm sorry to say this, but I won't be able to take up the talk in this
> meet. Work has been keeping me super busy, and I don't see that
> getting better for the upcoming week or two, and I won't be able to
> get time to research enough for the talk. There's no point in giving a
> half-baked not-so-informed talk, especially when it has been titled
> "Advanced Javascript".

why do we see so much of this in the Indian FOSS world? People volunteer (no
one compels them to do so) and then cry off. Not very professional. And the
excuse usually is: anyway it is voluntary stuff, so no problem. Wonder if the
same attitude spills into their professional life too? Personally I always
arrange for backup whenever there is an event involving FOSS community people
who are new to me. And I know other successful organisers do the same.

You have committed, and are presumably conversant with JS - so please turn up
and give it your best shot. I am sure that it will be a roaring success
especially if you do some live demo-ing. The well prepared slides and
stunning presentation material can wait. Building community and interacting
with the LUG members is more important than making an award winning
presentation.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves