[ILUG-BOM] Announce: ILUG-BOM September 2008 Meet

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:42:41 IST 2008

Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 Sep 2008 3:26:37 pm Rakesh Pai wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry to say this, but I won't be able to take up the talk in this
>> meet. Work has been keeping me super busy, and I don't see that
>> getting better for the upcoming week or two, and I won't be able to
>> get time to research enough for the talk. There's no point in giving a
>> half-baked not-so-informed talk, especially when it has been titled
>> "Advanced Javascript".
>>

> why do we see so much of this in the Indian FOSS world? People volunteer (no
> one compels them to do so) and then cry off. Not very professional. And the
> excuse usually is: anyway it is voluntary stuff, so no problem. Wonder if the
> same attitude spills into their professional life too? Personally I always
> arrange for backup whenever there is an event involving FOSS community people
> who are new to me. And I know other successful organisers do the same.

Sometimes something really urgent comes up and schedules do change. I
recollect, there was a guy from Chennai LUG who was to visit us at Five
Gardens, Matunga for a LUG meet and we waited for him to turn up but he
did not. ;) Luckily there was a lot of 'greenery' around so it wasn't
very boring.

Anyway, I request the organizers to hold meets either from morning or
early evening. 2 pm is lunch time on a Sunday and it is difficult to
leave the house then.

Rony.

GNU/Linux !
No Viruses