[ILUG-BOM] Final Announcement: ILUG-Bom Oct. 2008 Meet on Sunday, 19th Oct 2008

Dinesh Shah (દિનેશ શાહ/दिनेश शाह) dineshah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:22:03 IST 2008

Dear All,

Sorry for all the confusion caused by wrong date in the earlier
announcement. Here is the final programme and announcement.

Date: Sunday, 19th Oct. 2008
Time: 2:00-5:00 PM IST
Venue: (Thanks to Aditya)

Rhythm & Hues Studios India Pvt. Ltd.
Prism Tower, A-Wing, 3rd Floor,
Mindspace,
Goregaon-Malad Link Road,
Goregaon (West)
Mumbai - 400062

The office is located a couple of buildings behind the Hypercity mall
on the Goregaon - Malad Link Road. Inorbit Mall is another popular
landmark in the area and is just adjacent to Hypercity.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=100460710987674502295.000450ab01ed7c57717a6

Topics:

1. Advance QT Programing by Prashant (1 Hour)
Prashant will continue with QT and show a demo of how to create a
simple address book application. This will cover :
- A Main Window
- Toolbar
- Statusbar
- Popup
- Dialogs
- TableWidget

2. Presentation by Giovanni Maruzzelli (Giovanni, please post the
topic of your choice :-))

3. A Case Study of GNU/Linux usage in Production House by Aditya and
his Team (1 hour)

1) The role and contribution of technology to Visual Effects
2) Our operating environment - the hardware which powers our servers
and workstations
3) An overview of our Linux cluster environment
4) The role of FOSS in R&H. How we use Linux and other software in our
systems and production pipeline
5) Managing large scale Linux deployments. The technical and human angles
6) Some of the technologies which we work with.

Looking forward to large number of people to attend!
With regards,
--
--Dinesh Shah :-)
Shah Micro System