[ILUG-BOM] keyboard freezes in one session in kde

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 21:02:30 IST 2008

Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Saturday 11 October 2008 01:36:37 pm Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 09 October 2008 15:24:20 Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> I have a mandriva spring 2008 box with kde which has 3 users. From today,
>>> for one of the users the keyboard does not work after entering kde, but
>>> for the other users it works perfectly. For the user for whom it doesnt
>>> work, login screen works, she can type password, and thats it. Any clues?
>>>
>> Interesting. I just faced that yesterday on KDE 4.1 on hardy.
>>

> so how did you solve it?

I had faced a similar problem when using Kubuntu 6.06 on the laptop.
After login, the keyboard would be useless. I could not pin point the
problem but I deleted the .kde folder in the home directory and
everything was restored to default settings. All customization of KDE
was lost. However I got my keyboard back.

Rony.

GNU/Linux !
No Viruses
No Spyware