[ILUG-BOM] allowing restricted sites via squid

sameer shinde s9sameer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 14:49:45 IST 2009

Hi All,

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Abhishek <abhishekworld at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> the links to the personal domain in google.com/a is "mail.google.com/a/<your
> url>"
> i dont have much idea about Squid but i think this will help u .

You are right abhishek, that's the keypoint in blocking and unblocking
in squid.
Actually even I was working on the same line and I did it.

The difference between the general users access and domain specific
access here is the difference
the link for gmail for general users is mail.google.com/mail/------
and for domain specific users it is mail.google.com/a/ourdomain/----

so what one has to do is, restrict the access on url base instead of
domain based.
i.e.  block the access to url mail.google.com/mail and this makes a magic.

Now if you try to access gmail as a normal user, it will not work, but
if you access gmail under your domain
it will work.

This info is for  them who wants to tryout this.

anyways, thanks abhishek.