[ILUG-BOM] DVD OR CD? Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 released

jtd jtd at mtnl.net.in
Mon Feb 16 11:15:20 IST 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 10:59, jitendra wrote:
> SOME ONE IS STARTING DVD (4) DOWNLOAD.
> THERE ARE 15 CDs
> hope others are not  as confused as I am

There are 15 cds but only 5 dvds since dvds store 4.7GB single layer
and cds store only 700 MB.
Also i am downloading i386 and later ARMEL.

ARMEL is a new distro for cross compiling for ARM architecture -
embedded systems. No more black magic creating toolchains. Even after
creating cross toolchains several times, i have to do a complicated
sequence of steps to get a new chain in place. ARMEL will hopefully
eliminate this PITA .

--
Rgds
JTD