[ILUG-BOM] book on linux kernel

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 09:40:30 IST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM, yogesh kunjir <yogeshkunjir at gmail.com> wrote:

> i am yogesh completed RHCE course. I want to jump into linux kernel code
> please suggest a good book (if possible FREE ebook) or there wise hard book
> give me name of book and author i will bye it and if possible some video. I
> want beginner to advance and advance to expert both.

In addition to books, you should also check out the kernel source code
and start going through it. The code is somewhat well documented and
should come in handy along with the books that you are reading.

Do drop by the <http://kernelnewbies.org/> site and especially,
<http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelHacking> section

You could try out:

<http://my.safaribooksonline.com/0596005652?portal=oreilly> :
Understanding the Linux Kernel, 3rd Edition
<http://www.amazon.com/Linux-Kernel-Development-Novell-Press/dp/0672327201>
Linux Kernel Development (2nd Edition) (Novell Press) (Paperback)

I guess these are available in Indian editions as well.

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;

Sent from: Pune Mh India.