[ILUG-BOM] threads [was] [OT] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Dinesh Joshi dinesh.a.joshi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:42:28 IST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Devdas Bhagat
<devdas at dvb.homelinux.org> wrote:
> You forgot the minor point that your freedom of speech is not absolute
> on this list. Your freedom of speech goes only as far as the listadmins
> allow for it.

The list admins can ban me, at the most. That doesn't take away my freedom.

On a side note, to add more sense to this thread, I didn't attack
Ms.Ayer, she attacked me personally. If she wants to spread her
"philosophy" and shes getting such strong reactions then shes probably
not doing a good job or maybe it ( her philosophy ) just sucks. What
has set me off is the broader issue. I see these kinds of tactics to
leverage the so called minority groups everywhere and I am completely
against it. Give the minorities the means. That is true equality. But
no these people are hell bent on discriminating against the so called
majority putting them at the receiving end of just about everything.
This has dangerous social consequences one of them being fracturing
the community as a whole.

I read over the philosophy of "Linuxchix". Its supposed to provide
impetus to women to use Linux and in general "being polite and
helpful" ( which I can see from Ms.Ayer's responses how polite she is.
hahaha ). Oh yes and the tons of arrogance doesn't do any good either.
Great philosophy but you're forgetting the founding principles of FSF
and GNU. The contributors, members and supporters have not been
spoonfed or taught. These ideologies have incubated and flourished
amongst people who were merely curious and wanted to share their
knowledge with like minded people.

Women, Men, Children, Old, Young everyone is *not* the same. You dont
realize that. Being a resource is one thing, actively herding people
into using something that they may not want to is a totally different
issue. If one knows about the alternative and feels like it, he / she
/ it / whatever will use it. Be a resource and not a dictator
especially not one which will fracture the community. Diversity is one
thing and a harmful set of discontent people is another.

If you sit back and keep your ego and arrogance aside you'll know what
I'm talking about and to some extent agree.

Dinesh A. Joshi