[ILUG-BOM] Static IP Setup.

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 00:38:32 IST 2009

On Sunday 22 Feb 2009, Vinod Raghavan wrote:

> I use MTNL Triband connection, recently I applied for static IP and
> got one (59.185.196.123 [ just example ] ),

You still have to do a PPPoE login.  The IP allocated upon successful
login will be the one assigned to you.  In other words there is no
difference in your modem config between static and dynamic IP.

Re: to be able to enter your NAT network - beware of what you are doing.
Having said that you will have to set port forward rules - read up the
modem's help pages.

HTH,
-- Arun