[ILUG-BOM] sarg howto

sameer shinde s9sameer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:28:29 IST 2009

Hi Mehul/All,

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Mehul Ved <mehul.n.ved at gmail.com> wrote:
> What part are you unable to get? I remember anurag setting it up at
> FOSS Lab at VJTI then. IIRC, all he did was
> 1) Install sarg from debian repositories
> 2) Set a cron job to generate sarg reports everyday at 5 p.m.

I've installed sarg from ubuntu repositories & it has configured the
corn jobs automatically for
daily, weekly, monthly reports,

But now how do I access them & see the logs.

It has created one web-directory  '/var/www/squid-reports' but I can't
see any logs from it.

> Here[1] you can find cron scripts for daily, weekly, month report
> generation as per your wishes.

> You have not specified if you have any specific requirement beyond
> installation and configuration of sarg. So no one can know your
> requirements and give you proper replies, unless you've given the full
> requirements.

I want to see my squid performance report & its usage logs, so I want
to test some apps
which can give me the best reports.

> 1. http://sarg.sourceforge.net/sarg.php

I've already been on this site, but not giving proper information on
configuration & how to use it