[ILUG-BOM] Broadband connections

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Wed May 6 10:25:23 IST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, george at annamsoft.com wrote:
> Currently i have a 2-Mbps BSNL broadband connection which is
> terminated to our Linux Server (Fedora) which acts as the Internet
> gateway to our LAN users from the DSL Modem using PPPoE.
>
> Now, i want to replace this with a new 2-Mbps AIRTEL broadband
> connection. My queries:
>
> 2. If i add another NIC(for the new connection) and run the
> ADSL-SETUP, will this affect the existing connection.
>
> 3. Is there a way such that, i can configure this new Airtel
> connection without disturbing the existing BSNL connection and just
> swap the DSL modem.

Not clear: do you want to replace the existing BSNL connection or do you
want to have both connections (BSNL and Airtel)?

In any case, you can run PPPoE for both (or either) on a single ethernet
card.  That's what I'm doing with my MTNL and Airtel connections.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/