[ILUG-BOM] Never buy a Reliance Telcom product

Pankaj Jangid pankaj.jangid at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:51:35 IST 2009

Hi,

After much research I purchased a Reliance Netconnect broadband but to
discover there pathetic customer care. I have written a my experience on my
livejournal blog, http://jangid.livejournal.com/27778.html, so that others
are not cheated.

Pasting it here for readers' convenience.

/*

I had applied for Reliance Netconnect plus wireless internet service on 23rd
of March. And that was the last day for getting the 2 month bundled
unlimited usage (10GB) free; that is worth Rs 3500. The next day I have got
a call from RCOM that I am eligible for this offer. The official also asked
me if I would like to see a demonstration of the wireless device. I said yes
and after seeing the demo, at my home, I agreed to purchase this. I paid Rs
3500 to the dealer for the device on 04/04/2009. I got the device and
connection was enabled. Everything was good.

The problem begins. Contrary to my belief that I'll get Rs 0 bill for the
first two months, at end of the first month I have got a bill, of Rs 383,
from RCOM. The bill amount should have been Rs 0. I have registered a
complaint with them. I haven't got any response. Instead I am getting
regular calls from RCOM for non payment of bills. Every time I get a call I
tell them the full story. And each official agreed to resolve my issue.

Now one day I planned to visit my native place, Jaipur, to meet my parents.
I was hoping that my business/work will not suffer because I can work
remotely using the device I purchased from RCOM. I reached Jaipur and
discovered that my internet is not working. I called up the toll free number
of RCOM (1 800 3000 5555) and learnt from the official that my connection is
deactivated due to non payment of bill. @#$#$%&%. I also learnt that a new
bill is also generated for the second month. The second bill is of Rs 1125.
Again the bill amount should have been Rs 0. I again registered a
complained. I was told that the problem will be resolved in 24 hours.

I had registered my grievance at the Consumer Online Resource & Empowerment
Centre (http://www.ccccore.co.in/ or http://www.core.nic.in/). Let's see
what happens.

*/

Do forward this to your friends who are deciding to buy a wireless device
for an internet connection.

--
Thanks & Regards
Pankaj