[ILUG-BOM] extremely weird bug in Fedora

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu Jun 25 15:33:25 IST 2009

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 20:53:15 Rony wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I just upgraded my FC10 to FC11. Booted from dvd and chose 'upgrade'.
> > After upgrade, I did yum update. And my open office 2.x got replaced by
> > 3.x, all my address books, book marks, passwords etc were all in the
> > correct places. Everything worked out of the box. Obviously this is a
> > bug. How do I report it and get it rectified. (The chicken I had bought
> > to sacrifice in order to get the OO upgrade done remains alive)
> >

> Very nice :-) Why did OO get upgraded after yum update? Why not with the
> system upgrade? Does F11 come with a lower default OO version?

apparently fedora doesn't update the apps on a system upgrade. You have to run
a yum update to update the apps. (I may be wrong here - maybe there is
something like the debian apt-get dist-upgrade which does both, but I was on a
slow internet link and chose to use a DVD to do the upgrade.)

> BTW, what happened to Mandriva?

mandriva is rocking and rolling - my family uses it and most of my clients use
it. Unfortunately the C++ libraries are b0rked, so I can't use it on my
laptop. (The chicken is available if you want it to upgrade any of your ubuntu
systems)

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves